ABF Journal’s 2022 Most Innovative Companies in Specialty Finance
ABF Journal is back for its third annual list of Most Innovative Companies in Specialty Finance.
Since introducing this regular feature in 2020, we’ve iterated on the initial idea multiple times, following in the same innovative spirit of the companies we honor each year. In the first version, we highlighted 25 companies chosen by our editorial team. In last year’s edition, we expanded the field to 50 companies and included nominations from our readers and our editorial advisory board.
For this year’s rendition, we changed things up once more, including a total of 30 companies leading the specialty finance industry forward through innovation. Once again, the list was determined based on nominations from our readers, editorial advisory board and editorial team and includes lenders, service providers, referral sources and everything in between. However, we realized just as there are different types of companies across the marketplace, there are different types of innovators. So, this year we introduced innovator categories to better capture how each company is standing out from the competition. The categories are as follows:
- CURRENT — A company setting the tone for the present state of the industry through its innovation
- EMERGING — A newer company that is introducing innovation that will shape the future of the industry
- FOUNDATIONAL — A company that has used its innovation to form the building blocks of the industry
- IMPACT — A company using its innovation to better the industry and the world
- REINVENTION — A company that is redefining its place in the industry
Please enjoy this year’s list and we’ll see you back here again next year. Who knows what these innovators will change (or what we might) by then?