CohnReznick launched a new awards program to recognize U.S.-based businesses that are “changing the game” through their commitment to environmental, social and governance strategies and practices.
The program, dubbed the Gamechangers in ESG Awards, will salute the inspiring journey that some companies are undertaking in the ESG space. Any U.S.-based company is eligible to apply for the award. Expected to be an annual awards program, applications for this inaugural event must be completed by June 30, with award winners announced this fall.
The panel of judges for the awards includes:
- Toby Belsom, Director, UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- Jeff Cherry, Founder and Executive Director, Conscious Venture Lab
- Susan S. Coffey, CPA, CGMA, CEO – Public Accounting, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Cary S. Krosinsky, Lecturer, Yale University; Co-Founder, Sustainable Finance Institute; Co-Founder, Carbon Tracker
- Nate Mook, CEO, World Central Kitchen
- Rebecca Shambaugh, President, SHAMBAUGH Leadership; Founder, Women in Leadershipand Learning
- Laura Siegel Rabinowitz, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig
- Sandra E. Taylor, CEO, Sustainable Business International
- Suzanne Tedrow, Director of Sustainability and Global Store Development, Starbucks
- John Alfonso, CPA, CGMA, 2021 Board Chair, American Cancer Society; Partner and Not-for-Profit and Education Industry Leader, CohnReznick
- Mark Hooley, CPA, Chief Operating Officer, CohnReznick
The awards, which will be presented this fall, will include the Gamechanger of the Year 2022 award. Additionally, there will be a Next Gen Award program open to students who demonstrate leadership in ESG by providing creative solutions that address ESG challenges in their schools and/or communities.
Award winners will receive:
- A professionally developed video or written case study showcasing their ESG story
- National recognition and promotion via CohnReznick’s website, social media accounts, nationwide press outreach and marketing programs
- Rights to use the ESG Gamechangers Awards logo
- Recognition at a virtual award ceremony
“Businesses are understanding how ESG is becoming a significant driver of value, customer preference and competitive differentiation,” David Kessler, CEO of CohnReznick, said. “Our Gamechangers in ESG Awards program offers a unique platform for organizations to broadly communicate their ESG stories to key stakeholders and inspire others to follow in their path.
“I believe CohnReznick is uniquely qualified to lead this first-of-its-kind ESG awards program in our industry. We’ve held a leadership position in community investment and development for more than 35 years, and our history of social advocacy has helped strengthen housing policies and paved the way for emerging industries like renewable energy and cannabis.”