Gordon Brothers has a new opportunity to join our growing Credit Team for an experienced Senior Manager, Credit. The successful candidate will undertake daily deal screening, underwriting and portfolio monitoring duties for asset-based loans and provide support to Head of Credit and Divisional Deal Makers. This position is based in the Prudential Tower in the heart of the Back Bay and will report into the Head of Credit.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzing financial statements of portfolio investments and summarizing key metrics/ changes.
- Assisting with compiling and updating on a regular basis collateral valuation (based on appraised values of various asset classes; inventory, machinery & equipment, intellectual property, real estate, accounts receivable).
- Running risk rating and investment IRR analyses based on updated financial statements and valuation indicators.
- Writing in-depth periodic monthly or quarterly reports for review by senior management members and Investment Committee.
- Regular review of company and industry related news and developments through public and subscribed search capabilities.
- Participation in communication with borrowers, other lenders, consultants, and counsel.
- Provide support in the discussion/ negotiation of amendments/ restructurings of portfolio investments as applicable and providing analytical and written report support to the senior management members.
Underwriting (new loan investments)
- In-depth analysis of asset appraisals and field exams and identification of key value drivers or risk factors
- Review of historical and projected financial statements, and identification of key trends that impact the performance and liquidity of the subject borrower.
- Analysis of the industry, macro trends
- Identify inherent strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats, as well as risks and mitigates to the proposed new investment.
- Review of the competitive landscape, identifying strategic and financial players in the industry, and working with the senior management members to identify exit strategies, whether thru a liquidation of the assets or a sale of the business as a whole or in parts where applicable.
- Writing pre-screen reports (for initial evaluation of the opportunity) and underwriting memos (for final approval by the investment committee).
- Participation in all aspects of due diligence including site visits, meetings with management teams, sponsors, consultants, as well as assistance to senior management members in the drafting and negotiation of legal documents.
- B.S. degree in business administration, finance, or similar field
- M.B.A. or advanced education/degree/ certification considered a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 8+ years’ experience in a financial institution undertaking corporate asset-based lending
- Experience in comprehending asset appraisals and field exams
- Strong analysis skills: must be able to analyze financial statements/ modeling (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow), prepare investment memoranda and other underwriting documents
- Portfolio monitoring experience is a must
- Formal credit training and familiarity with legal documents (credit agreements, Intercreditor agreements) is considered a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, with the ability to think creatively and work independently in a fast-paced, fluid, deal-oriented environment
About Gordon Brothers –
Since 1903, Gordon Brothers has helped lenders, operating companies, advisors, and investors move forward through change. We bring a powerful combination of expertise, operational experience, and capital to each opportunity.
With services in valuations, dispositions, operations, and investments we can customize solutions on an integrated or standalone basis. We provide rapid solutions and reliable outcomes for clients at all points in the business lifecycle.
Whether to fuel growth or facilitate strategic consolidation, we work across industries and around the world to put assets to their highest and best use.
Interested applicants can apply directly online here:
Gordon_Brothers_Careers – Senior Manager, Credit