Burnley Capital – Burnley Capital is a nationwide specialized lender formed by a team of industry veterans that provides debt solutions to clients throughout the United States. Burnley Capital has offices in Boston and Minneapolis.
Burnley Capital focuses on building lasting relationships with our clients, serving those companies that have found it difficult to receive a satisfactory level of service and liquidity from their existing lender.
We offer tailored financing solutions that directly address capital needs of our clients. Our financing facilities range from $1 million to $ 15 million with the ability to syndicate larger transactions through our capital markets platform. Our efficient underwriting process provides a quick turnaround and closings.
The Senior Financial Analyst manages the financial analysis process for Burnley Capital. Burnley provides loans to commercial, industrial, healthcare, retail, and wholesale companies. This position is responsible for the analysis of financial statements, review of collateral reporting, and review of business plans and cash flow analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst also contributes to underwriting, portfolio management, and business development within Burnley Capital. This position will be based in the Boston office.
- Reviews business plan financial models and weekly cash flow statements.
- Manages a financial statement spreading system to create the initial “financial spreads” for each prospect’s financial statements.
- Creates the underwriting analysis and coordinates with prospects to receive and analyze all relevant financial data regarding the prospective borrower.
- Completes the relevant sections of the Credit Committee Memo during the underwriting process.
- Contributes to the production of all relevant MIS for the Credit Department. This includes Trend Cards, Sales Trends, and Covenant Compliance.
- Works with the BDO’s, Deal Sponsor or Marketing staff to secure all required documents to evaluate prospect loans, including company prepared financial statements, field exams, inventory appraisals, audited statements, collateral reporting, and all other relevant data.
- Conducts on-site visitation for all prospect deals to review financials and collateral, and conduct a thorough interview of the management team.
- Provides support for Collateral Oversight, reviewing borrowing bases and required reporting for collateral and financial performance.
- Coordinates with the Underwriting staff and is generally responsible for the quality, integrity and soundness of all financial analysis during the pre-screen processes.
- Oversees the pre-screen process and is responsible for ensuring the Underwriting staff has verified the accuracy of the pre-screen memo, has reviewed supplemental exhibits and ensures compliance with current Credit Policy standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s (Masters preferred but not necessary) Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in banking, accounting or finance with lending /investment experience preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, Credit Policy, applicable laws and industry data sources.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, work within a team environment and work independently.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Moody’s (or comparable financial statement spreading software).
- Thorough knowledge of financial statement analytics and collateral based loan structures.
Interested applicants can apply directly at dorourke [at] burnleycap [dot] com.