Dallas, TX. or New York, NY
Sterling National Bank, the principal subsidiary of Sterling Bancorp, specializes in the delivery of banking services and solutions–to business owners, their families, and consumers within the communities we serve–through teams of dedicated and experienced relationship managers. Sterling offers a complete line of corporate banking and consumer banking products and services. From our 1888 beginnings, we have grown to be a trusted banking resource with a deep toolkit for businesses and families throughout the New York metropolitan area. This growth has been supported by the consistent application of sound banking principles, which has ensured our strength and stability. And we have ample capital and liquidity to support continued growth.
Location can be in Dallas, TX or New York, NY
Director Underwriting – Asset Based Lending
Sterling National Bank is looking for someone to lead the due diligence process including structuring complex Asset Based Lending Credit Facilities for existing and prospective clients, and ensure such loans comply with established bank credit policy. In this position, you will identify and mitigate risks associated with each credit facility, negotiate terms, structure and document internal and external parties, prepare credit offering memorandums and present proposed loans to SNB’s Senior Credit Committee. Additionally, you will assist the team in achieving its overall risk management, relationship development and growth objectives.
- Underwrite packages are completed in a timely manner and address the prospect’s ability to repay the loan and provide a credit exit strategy.
- Qualify, analyze, structure and document complex credit opportunities to ensure timely approval and clearly provide a method to monitor the ongoing risks. Conduct financial, legal and business due diligence beginning at deal inception, including a review of financial statements and projections, collateral reporting, tax returns, industry and company research, and market demographics. Analyze and evaluate collateral information, including field examination reports and appraisals to determine proper lending limits; and, financial projections (including modeling and sensitizing the projections) to identify significant trends and drivers of risks as well as set meaningful financial covenants.
- Work closely with team, vendors, and prospects and clearly communicate issues and findings among all parties in a prompt and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures
- For this position, you must have at least 10 years of experience in Asset Based Lending.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration. Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities