U.S. Bancorp reported Q1/15 net income of $1,431 million was up 2.4% from $1,397 million in Q1/14. The bank said net interest income growth over the first quarter of 2014 was driven by average earning asset growth of 10.6% and continued strong growth in lower cost core deposit funding.
The following was excerpted from the U.S. Bancorp news release:
- Total net revenue of $4.91 billion was up from $4.18 billion a year
earlier as both net interest income and noninterest income were up 1.7%
and 2.2%, respectively.
- The net interest margin in Q1/15 was 3.08%, down .27% from 3.35% in
- Average Q1/15 lease financing receivables of $5.33 billion were up 2.6% from $5.19 billion a year earlier
- Growth in average total commercial loans of 15.1% over the first
quarter of 2014.
- Decline in Q1/15 net charge-offs of 18.2% on a year-over-year basis.
- Provision for credit losses of $264 million in Q1/15 was down 13.7%
from $306 million in Q1/14.
U.S. Bancorp chairman, president and CEO, Richard K. Davis, said, “U.S. Bancorp, once again, delivered industry-leading performance measures in the first quarter. We achieved net income of $1.43 billion, return on average assets (ROA) of 1.44%, return on average common equity (ROE) of 14.1% and an efficiency ratio of 54.3%.”
To read the U.S. Bancorp news release, click here.