Truist Financial, the result of the historic merger of equals between BB&T and SunTrust, named 24 regional presidents who will champion its community banking model in many high-growth markets in the country.
“Our ability to leverage our unique Community Banking model with its decentralized, regional structure combined with deep industry and banking expertise immediately sets Truist apart from our larger competitors and allows us to operate on a more personal level with individual and business clients, providing them with the kind of attention they expect from a hometown bank,” said David H. Weaver, Commercial Community Bank executive.
Each regional president’s team is comprised of experienced financial professionals dedicated to serving the company’s diverse mix of clients, including: business banking; commercial banking; middle market banking; not-for-profit/government banking; regional commercial real estate.
Regional presidents will work closely with a dedicated industry and advisory team comprised of selected experts in industry verticals, specialty products, and strategic advisory solutions to provide complex capabilities for their clients. Further, the community banking model allows for the regional president and their team to call on the expertise of other professionals throughout Truist, including treasury; capital markets advisory; wealth; and insurance, among others.
The following Truist teammates have been appointed as the regional president in their respective markets:
- Burton McDonald, Alabama
- Alex Brame, Central Pennsylvania
- Travis Rhodes, Delaware and Lehigh Valleys
- Sandy Hostetter, Central Florida
- Phil Marion, Eastern North Caroline
- Christian Corts, Eastern Tennessee
- Evelyn Lee, Greater Washington,
- Bill Toomey, Houston and Central Texas
- Calvin Barker, Kentucky and Ohio
- Greg Farno, Maryland
- Heath Campbell, Metrolina (Charlotte,NC)
- Johnny Moore, Mid-West Tennessee
- Scott Keith, North Florida
- Jenna Kelly, Northern Georgia
- Julia Marman, North Texas
- Michael R. Brenan, South Carolina
- Tony Coley, South Florida
- David Torris, Southern Georgia
- Cantey Alexander, Triad (Winston Salem, NC)
- Gray Reed, Triangle (Raleigh, NC)
- Dan O’Neill, Virginia-East
- David DAmden, Virginia-West
- Jim Daly, West Florida
- Bobby Blakley, West Virginia
The Atlanta Braves’ stadium will retain the name SunTrust Park.