Simpson Thacher & Bartlett elected 11 attorneys as partners of the firm, effective January 1, 2018.
The new partners are:
- Stephen Blake (Palo Alto, CA) concentrates his practice on securities litigation, M&A and appraisal litigation and government investigations. He has experience representing technology companies, financial institutions and private equity firms.
- Davis Coen (New York) represents private equity firms and portfolio companies in commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and financings. He has advised clients on a range of domestic and international real estate transactions.
- William R. Golden (Washington, D.C.) focuses his practice on capital markets, securities and corporate governance matters. He represents both issuers and investment banks on a range of securities transactions.
- Daniel R. Kay (New York) is a member of the firm’s banking and credit practice. He advises lenders and arrangers in connection with a variety of corporate finance transactions, including acquisition financings, bank and bridge loan financings and refinancings.
- Robert Lee (London) is a member of the firm’s private funds practice. He represents various sponsors of private equity, infrastructure and other alternative investment funds on fundraisings, co-investments and managed accounts. He also advises on a range of ongoing fund advisory matters for fund sponsors.
- Jennifer J. Levitt (Los Angeles) represents financial sponsors and investment banks in connection with debt financings for private equity, real estate, infrastructure, debt and other investment funds. She represents clients in financings designed to provide fund-level leverage to facilitate and support investment activities.
- Jonathan Ozner (New York) focuses his practice on representing issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in arange of securities offerings. He also provides advice regarding ongoing public reporting, compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Andrew B. Purcell (New York) is a member of the firm’s tax practice and advises clients on financing, credit, fund formation, M&A and private equity transactions.
- Ravi Purushotham (New York) specializes in public and private mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. He represents corporations and private equity firms in a range of transactions and corporate governance matters.
- Mary B. Touchstone (New York) is the head of the firm’s fund finance practice and represents financial sponsors in a variety of financings designed to provide fund-level leverage to facilitate and support investment activities. She advises sponsors of investment funds on fund facilities.
- Yang Wang (Beijing) represents private equity funds and corporate clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance transactions and other general corporate matters.