International law firm Greenberg Traurig was named a winner in three categories at the 4th Annual ACG New York Champion’s Awards for its role in various high-profile deals. The awards recognize companies, professional service firms, individual dealmakers and transactions in the greater New York area.
Greenberg Traurig won for its role in:
- Restructuring of FriendFinder Networks Inc. – Senior Secured Notes and Second Lien Notes – Technology, Media, Telecom (over $100mm)
$1.8 billion Acquisition of MacDermid, Inc. by Platform Acquisition
- Holdings Limited – Cross-border Transaction of the Year (over $250mm); Deal of the Year (over $500mm)
Additionally, Greenberg Traurig deals were selected as finalists in the following categories
- Energy Deal of the Year
- Leveraged Buyout of the Year by a Strategic Buyer (over $100mm)
- Deal of the Year (over $100mm to $250mm)
- Service Deal of the Year (over $50mm)
- Deal of the Year (over $250mm to $500mm)
Greenberg Traurig’s transaction team for Restructuring of FriendFinder Networks was led by regional operating shareholder, co-managing shareholder of the New York office, and co-chair of the Business Reorganization & Financial Restructuring Practice Nancy A. Mitchell.
The Greenberg Traurig team for the acquisition of MacDermid by Platform Acquisition was led by Corporate & Securities Practice shareholder Donn A. Beloff in Fort Lauderdale and New York Corporate & Securities Practice Chair Alan I. Annex. Annex and Beloff, along with shareholder Bruce March in Fort Lauderdale, served as key advisers at all stages of this transaction.