B. Riley Financial, a diversified provider of business advisory and financial services, won multiple awards at the 13th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards, hosted by Global M&A Network on June 24 and June 25.
“These awards demonstrate our unwavering commitment to our clients and our platform’s ability to deliver our clients with end-to-end restructuring and turnaround services,” Tom Kelleher, co-CEO of B. Riley Financial, said. “We congratulate and join in celebrating our talented restructuring professionals for their continued recognition.”
B. Riley’s corporate finance and restructuring professionals were recognized in several categories for the best value-creating transactions, including:
- Cross-Border Special Situation M&A Deal of the Year (mid-market) for Gold’s Gym’s acquisition by RSG Group
- Riley Advisory Services was financial advisor to the gym franchise chain throughout its restructuring process and ultimate acquisition by a global fitness and lifestyle brand operator. Mark Shapiro led the engagement.
- E-commerce Restructuring of the Year for RTW Retailwinds’ sale of e-commerce assets to Saadia Group
- Riley Securities served as investment bank and led the sale process for this specialty apparel retail platform’s e-commerce business. Perry Mandarino and Gideon Rosenbaum led the engagement.
- Chapter 11 Liquidation of the Year: Rochester Drug Cooperative
- Riley Advisory Services was financial advisor to the official committee of unsecured creditors and the liquidating trustee throughout the Chapter 11 and ongoing post confirmation process of this distributor of pharmaceutical supplies. The engagement team included Tom Buck, David Greenblatt, Craig Jacobson and Wayne Weitz.
- Corporate Turnaround of the Year (mid-market) for CARBO Ceramics’ restructuring
- Riley Advisory Services was financial advisor to the official committee of unsecured creditors and liquidating trustee throughout the restructuring process of this global technology company. The engagement team included Jacobson, Weitz, Shapiro, Scott Van Meter and Christina Reynolds.
- Corporate Turnaround of the Year (small mid-market): Rubio’s Restaurants’ pre-packaged financial restructuring
- Riley Real Estate was real estate advisor, assisting with strategic planning and leading lease renegotiations for this fast-casual restaurant chain in its restructuring. Michael Jerbich, Peter Lynch, Alex Draper and Mike Zoob led the engagement.
- Special Situation M&A Deal of the Year (large): JCPenney’s Chapter 11 restructuring and asset acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management and Simon Property Group
- Riley Real Estate was real estate advisor, assisting with strategic planning and leading the real estate restructuring efforts, including lease renegotiations, for this department store chain. Jerbich, Lynch, Zoob, Chris Draper and Jim Terrell led the engagement.
In addition, Alicia Masse of B. Riley Advisory Services was named one of Global M&A Network’s Top USA Women Dealmakers of the Year in recognition of her leadership in providing restructuring services for clients across the global automotive sector. The award recognizes the most talented and respected women dealmakers in the U.S. transactional community.