Apollo Global Management created an impact advisory committee. The committee, chaired by Lisa Hall, will help guide the Apollo Impact platform and includes 11 members who bring diverse backgrounds and expertise across a variety of fields to focus on the firm’s impact investing platform.
The committee is tasked with providing strategic counsel to amplify the impact performance of portfolio companies by leveraging their experience and professional networks, as well as to help inform impact objectives and methodology.
“When I joined Apollo to chair its Impact platform and establish the advisory committee, we recognized the important role the committee could play in driving greater impact performance,” Hall said. “I am thrilled to now introduce and lead this diverse group of accomplished professionals whose experience spans our areas of investment focus. I’m confident that our collective efforts will help make an even greater impact as we demonstrate how private markets can improve society and the environment.”
In establishing the committee, Apollo sought members to contribute insights across Apollo Impact’s focus areas of economic opportunity; education; health, safety and wellness; industry 4.0; and climate and sustainability. The committee will be comprised of:
- Lisa Hall, Impact Chair at Apollo Global Management
- Julie Abrams, Founder and Managing Director of Impact Investing Analytics
- Iris Choi, Partner at Floodgate
- Kimberlee Cornett, Director of Impact Investments at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Maurice Jones, CEO of OneTen
- David Luan, Director at Google Research
- Patience Marime-Ball, Founder and CEO of Women of the World Endowment
- Jenna Nicholas, CEO of Impact Experience
- Megan O’Connor, Head of Strategic Partnerships at Chegg
- Mindy Posoff, Managing Director and Member of Golden Seeds
- Sonal Shah, Professor and Founder of the Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation at Georgetown University
- David Thomas, the 12th President of Morehouse College
“We are delighted to welcome the advisory committee members and believe their experience and advice will be invaluable as we seek to drive positive change at scale,” Marc Becker and Joanna Reiss, the co-leads of Apollo Impact, said in a joint statement.
In addition to leveraging the committee, Apollo Impact will draw on a variety of peer networks and commitments, including Impact Capital Managers, the Operating Principles for Impact Management and ILPA’s Diversity in Action initiative, to help drive maximum positive impact across the company’s portfolio companies.