The ABI elected officers and directors during ABI’s 33rd Annual Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C.
James Patrick Shea of Armstrong Teasdale (Las Vegas) becomes ABI president for a one-year term, succeeding Brian L. Shaw of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin (Chicago), who now assumes the position of immediate-past president.
Jeffrey N. Pomerantz of Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones (Los Angeles), formerly ABI VP-Education, was named president-elect and will become President in April 2016.
Patricia A. Redmond of Stearns, Weaver, Miller, Weissler, Ahadeff & Sitterson, PA (Miami), succeeds James T. Markus of Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann (Denver) as chairman of the board for a one-year term.
Douglas E. Deutsch of Chadbourne & Parke,(New York) was named to a two-year term as ABI VP-Education, succeeding Jeffrey N. Pomerantz.
Bankruptcy Judge Dennis R. Dow (N.D. Mo.; Kansas City), was elected to serve as secretary, succeeding Rudy J. Cerone of McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC (New Orleans).
Newly named to ABI’s 17-member Executive Committee were Bankruptcy Judge Eugene R. Wedoff (N.D. Ill.; Chicago) and Douglas Lutz of Frost Brown Todd (Cincinnati).
Twelve ABI members were elected to their first term on the ABI board of directors:
- Paul H. Deutsch of Rust Omni (New York)
- Prof. Michelle M. Harner of the University of Maryland School of Law (Baltimore)
- William H. Henrich of Getzler Henrich & Associates (New York)
- Thomas M. Horan of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP (Wilmington, Del.)
- Eve H. Karasik of Levene Neale Bender Yoo & Brill (Los Angeles)
- Teresa C. Kohl of SSG Capital Advisors (New York)
- Richard S. Lauter of Freeborn & Peters (Chicago)
- Franklind Davis Lea of Tactical Financial Consulting (Atlanta)
- David P. Leibowitz of Lakelaw (Chicago)
- Jerry M. Markowitz of Markowitz, Ringel, Trusty + Hartog, P.A. (Miami)
- Kelly Beaudin Stapleton of Alvarez & Marsal (New York)
- Risa Lynn Wolf-Smith of Holland & Hart (Denver)
There are 60 members on the ABI board of directors.