Senior Field Examiner – East of the Mississippi
East of the Mississippi
Sound Shore Financial LLC, a growing field examination firm that performs complex field exams for premier financial institutions, seeks experienced Senior Field Examiners. The Examiner will be an independent contractor and have a BS in Accounting or Finance or a closely related field and at least 10 years of ABL field examination experience.
The Examiner will work independently and will be assigned to both local and out of town projects. The scope of assignments will include the following:
- Test the integrity of accounts receivable and inventory and their performance trends.
- Evaluate the borrower’s revenue recognition, billing, collection processes and systems.
- Review and test bank accounts, reconciliations, receipts and disbursements.
- Meet with management and communicate effectively at the CFO level.
- Perform detailed analysis of the general ledger.
- Analyze the condition of accounts payable and status with key vendors.
- Review Federal and State tax returns.
Candidates must possess these key competencies and be detailed in their report write up and work papers:
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to document key findings into a professional report.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop cooperative working relationships with executives at the borrower.
- Ability to follow directives, meet deadlines and submit on time reports.
Independent contractors can expect to receive their professional service fees within 15 days of submission of the completed exam file to the financial institution, therefore, wait time to be reimbursed for services and expenses are kept to a minimum.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please email your resume and cover letter to: