Midwest (prefer Detroit or Chicago)
Unregulated Specialty Finance Company is seeking an experienced sales professional to grow its market share in the “ABL” syndicated market. New business opportunities will be originated in the indirect channel working with financial institutions, regional banks, specialty finance companies and other intermediary origination channels. Transactions will typically be collateral focused, with asset-based loan and/or factoring type underwriting; individual will work with the credit team to properly structure all loan products to maintain acceptable credit loss exposure. Borrowers will cover a variety of industries and be located across the United States.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Have a well-established network of club deal origination sources.
- Proven ability to effectively sell the value proposition of a non-bank specialty finance company, with focus on speed, certainty, and tailored deal structuring.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting, structuring, and documentary requirements related to senior secured revolving and term commercial lending products, including ABL, Factoring, and Equipment Finance.
- Well versed in both collateralized asset based and cash flow underwriting practices, including credit/financial evaluation and cash flow projection analysis.
- Ability to negotiate deal proposals and structures, while adhering to corporate objectives.
- Good understanding of multiple industry dynamics and how economic conditions impact credit quality and structure.
- Strong client relations, time management, communication, and presentation skills
- Well-developed computer software skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Team player with a positive attitude
In addition, the candidate should a minimum of 10 years commercial lending experience with a strong track record pf originating and closing senior secured loan transactions in the intermediary channel. A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is required as is the completion of a formal credit training program. An MBA is preferred.
This company possesses a great brand, strong credit rating and long-lived parent company support.
Compensation includes base salary, full benefits and a generous incentive package.
If interested, please forward your resume in complete confidence to Jim Gavaghan:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 484-253-2511; Cell: 267-307-2581.