Simpson Thacher Receives Top Rankings in M&A League Table
Simpson Thacher led the rankings in three categories in the 2013 Bloomberg M&A League Table, including Global Announced, Cross Border Announced and UK Announced deals. The firm was involved in many of the largest M&A deals in 2013, including advising buyers or sellers in more than 40 deals with a transaction value of $1 billion or more. Most notably, the firm is representing Vodafone in its announced $130 billion sale of its 45% stake in Verizon Wireless to Verizon Communications, which ranks as the third-largest M&A deal in history.
Additional deal highlights from 2013 include the firm’s representation of: Silver Lake Partners in its $24.4 billion acquisition of Dell, Crestwood Midstream Partners’ $8 billion merger with Inergy Midstream; Microsoft in its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia’s devices and services business, Smithfield Foods in its $7.1 billion strategic combination with Shuanghui International and Yahoo! in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr.
Bloomberg M&A League Table highlights include:
- No. 1-Global Announced, by Value
- No. 1-Cross Border Announced, by Value
- No. 1-UK Announced, Any Involvement, by Value
- No. 2-Global Announced, Counsel to Principals, by Value
- No. 2-U.S. Announced, Any Involvement, by Value
- No. 2-US Announced, Counsel to Principals, by Value
- No. 2-Europe Announced, Any Involvement, by Value
- No. 2-Europe Announced, Counsel to Principals, by Value
- No. 4-Global Private Equity Announced, by Value