ABI Elects New Officers
The ABI elected officers and directors during ABI’s 33rd Annual Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C.
James Patrick Shea of Armstrong Teasdale (Las Vegas) becomes ABI president for a one-year term, succeeding Brian L. Shaw of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin (Chicago), who now assumes the position of immediate-past president.
Jeffrey N. Pomerantz of Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones (Los Angeles), formerly ABI VP-Education, was named president-elect and will become President in April 2016.
Patricia A. Redmond of Stearns, Weaver, Miller, Weissler, Ahadeff & Sitterson, PA (Miami), succeeds James T. Markus of Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann (Denver) as chairman of the board for a one-year term.
Douglas E. Deutsch of Chadbourne & Parke,(New York) was named to a two-year term as ABI VP-Education, succeeding Jeffrey N. Pomerantz.
Bankruptcy Judge Dennis R. Dow (N.D. Mo.; Kansas City), was elected to serve as secretary, succeeding Rudy J. Cerone of McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC (New Orleans).
Newly named to ABI’s 17-member Executive Committee were Bankruptcy Judge Eugene R. Wedoff (N.D. Ill.; Chicago) and Douglas Lutz of Frost Brown Todd (Cincinnati).
Twelve ABI members were elected to their first term on the ABI board of directors:
- Paul H. Deutsch of Rust Omni (New York)
- Prof. Michelle M. Harner of the University of Maryland School of Law (Baltimore)
- William H. Henrich of Getzler Henrich & Associates (New York)
- Thomas M. Horan of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP (Wilmington, Del.)
- Eve H. Karasik of Levene Neale Bender Yoo & Brill (Los Angeles)
- Teresa C. Kohl of SSG Capital Advisors (New York)
- Richard S. Lauter of Freeborn & Peters (Chicago)
- Franklind Davis Lea of Tactical Financial Consulting (Atlanta)
- David P. Leibowitz of Lakelaw (Chicago)
- Jerry M. Markowitz of Markowitz, Ringel, Trusty + Hartog, P.A. (Miami)
- Kelly Beaudin Stapleton of Alvarez & Marsal (New York)
- Risa Lynn Wolf-Smith of Holland & Hart (Denver)
There are 60 members on the ABI board of directors.